Additional Information from Questions at our Q&A session:
Can the plant be one that is nationally extinct but reintroduced?
· yes, this is still considered native
Can the plant be a local hybrid for example, orchids?
· Artificial hybrids (even of two native parents), are NOT considered native. However, natural hybrids (of two native parents) would be considered native
Is mixed media allowed?
· yes, including Chinese ink
Is vellum allowed as a substrate?
· yes, but we have no experience in matting or showing on vellum in Singapore - not sure how it will react (although the Gallery is climate controlled)
Can we include plant habitat and/or related insects, or draw/paint the ecosystem?
· yes, as long as they are related to the plant
· For Thailand - preference is no insects because they would then need an Entomologist for an opinion when judging
How creative can we be for composition?
· Very! We are aiming for modern botanical art. As long as all features shown are true to the plant and accurate, the composition can be very creative
What is the maximum age of the artwork that has not been exhibited elsewhere? For example, can we submit a painting done in 2019?
· No age limit for Singapore & Indonesia - as long as the artwork has not been exhibited before in Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand or Philippines, it can be entered
· For Thailand - all work must be freshly painted and done after Dec 2021